The Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening
How to Grow an Abundance of Herbs, Vegetables and Fruit in Small Spaces
From the creator of the wildly popular website ‘Vertical Veg’ and with over 200k people in his online community of growers, comes the complete guide to growing delicious fruit, vegetables, herbs and salad in containers, pots and more – in any space at home – no matter how small!
If you long to grow your own tomatoes, courgettes or strawberries but thought you didn’t have enough space, Mark Ridsdill Smith, aka the ‘Vertical Veg Man,’ will show you how. Make the most of walls, balconies, patios, arches and windowsills and create rich, beautiful and delicious homegrown food. With proven results from his ten years of experience growing in all kinds of containers and teaching people how to grow bountiful, edible crops in small spaces, Mark will show you how gardening in containers is more than just a hobby but rather a way of creating a significant amount of delicious, low-cost, nutritious food. In his second year of growing in containers, Mark grew over 80kg of food worth £900!
Inside The Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening, you’ll find:
- Mark’s ‘Eight Steps to Success’
- How to make the most of your space
- How to draw up a planning calendar so you can grow throughout the year
- Planting projects for beginners and the best plants to start with
- Compost recipes and wormery guide for the more experienced gardener
- Troubleshoots for the specific challenges of growing in small spaces
- Ways to support pollinators and other wildlife in urban areas
- How growing food at home can contribute to wellbeing, sustainability and the local community
Don’t be confined by the space you have – grow all the food you want with Mark’s Vertical Veg Guide to Container Gardening.